Take a look at our hamster
J and I purchased this hamster together.
In the beginning, she hated us but I was relentless in bullying her. I was constantly petting her and picking her up and walking her around the house and showing her things. "Look this is the fridge, would you like grape?"
I also fed her random foods: salami, peanut butter, cream cheese, grapes, banana, smoked salmon.. I can keep going. Thing is it's not like I gave her a whole piece of anything, her main source of food was hamster feed and once in a while I'd give her a nibble of something she's never tried before.
It feels like she's turning into a gourmet Ratatouille because sometimes I'd give her favorite sunflower and she'd just throw it.
Since we don't live together and the hamster stays at his condo. I joke and tell J, "You have custody rights and I have visitation." Parents with visitation rights don't need take care of their kids, just take them out to baseball games right?
This hamster likes me more than J but I tell him it's because he needs to pick her up and roughhouse with her a bit. Tell her who's boss! Funny story, once he was out of the shower and laying with his shirt off and we let the hamster walk around on the bed. She took one look at him and took a bite of his nipple! Now I can't get her near him when he doesn't have a shirt on, he just runs away. So much for telling her who's boss.
Sometimes I think that she would like a life of no social activity but she's just too cute not to bother. Every time I come over and I scream "Hammy!!" she runs to me and stands up. I like to think that it's a sign of her telling me, "Pick me up and play with me."
Bonus photo of our beloved hamster, Hammy.
P.S. Look at her little foot paw in my hand.
-L



Comments
Post a Comment