Finding Auspicious Wedding Dates

We've decided on a 2019 wedding at a restaurant. Not sure which restaurant but our number 1 is at Canoe.

A friend of mine is getting married on August 18, 2018... which is 08/18/18 and one of most popular days of the year as it also lands on a Saturday. 8 stands for infinity & forever and the Chinese love numbers that stand for things.

To find an auspicious date you would need the day, month, year and time that you and your fiance were born in and the birth year of each others parents.

My mom collected them and sent them back to Vietnam to see what dates are auspicious. Honestly, I don't really care about inauspicious and auspicious dates but I'm a little afraid that if something bad happens people will jump to conclusions and say, "It's because you didn't choose a good date!" Pot falls and shatters? Inauspicious. Full pig arrives but the tail or the ears are broken? Inauspicious.

My mom told me that once one of our cousins were getting married and his mom ordered a full pig but when it arrived the ears were missing! (The shock!) My grandma was ghastly pale and shouted to quickly cover the ears with red pocket envelopes and in that same year, my grandpa passed away. Now do I believe that grandpa passed away because some ears were missing on a pig? No but I'd like to avoid any blame that would be put on us for doing something about of line.

Now we're just waiting on those dates before I can reach out to the restaurants and tell them my preferred dates.

I'm not superstitious just a littlestitious okay~

I just want good food and good company. Oh - and Pinterest worthy photos. Pin me! Pin me!




-L

Comments

Popular Posts